Monday, 23 February 2009



Now I am gonna talk about a favourite of mine the Rasmus.The Rasmus where formed in 1994 in Helsinki Finland.The original Line-up was Lauri Ylolen(vocals and songwriter),Eiro Heinonen(Bass),Pauli Rantasalmi(Guitar) and Janne Heiskanen(Drums)when all four members where in the high school.Heiskanen quit the band in 1998 and was soon replaced by Aki Hakala.They released there first album "peep" in 1996 on the Warner Music Finland label.In 1997 "Playboys"followed by the 1998 relase of "Hell of a Taster",both on the Warner Music Finland label.Soon after this Janne Heiskanen quit the band to "find himself" before the release of the fourth studio album "Into" on the Playground Music Scandanavia label the band changed there name from simply "Rasmus" to "The Rasmus" to avoid being confused with a swedish dj of the same name.It was there 2003 album "Dead Letters"which brought them the critical acclaim they so well earned the first single from the album "in the Shadows" going to number one in many countries,people singing along not knowing the actual band because of the catchy chorus:



I've been watching
I've been waiting
In the shadows for my time
I've been searching
I've been living
For tomorrows all my life



The band went on a tour to support the "Dead Letters" album called well "Dead Letters" Tour.Doing 296 concerts in a 107 different cities in 29 countries around the world.Not a band to waste time They where quickly went back to the studio to record follow-up ablum "Hide from The Sun"Which was released in 2005,the same year The Rasmus toured again calling it the "Hide from the Sun" tour,doing 249 concerts in going to 110 cities in 36 countries,now they are back with a brand new album and a new image.The album is called "Black Roses",the first single to be released is "Living in a world without you".The image change I mentioned refers to two of the band firstly is Lauri,who since about 2002/03 he has wore crows feathers in his his hair,but for the new release gone are the feathers and his hair is platinum blond as is Aki's who decided to finally have LASIK eye surgery, and ceased wearing his trademark black glasses. Early 2007, he stopped dying his hair black, opting instead for platinum blond.Like Madonna, he is studying Kabbalah.

4 comments:

  1. Cool post I like the facts about the band. I get you like the band and would like to hear why you like the music. About their style of playing and their sound if it has changed. Ovr all good facts. You done good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this band becasue they look dark and sound dark but like fellow finnish band HIM(More on the later)they sing about relevant things love hatred sorrow etc,without going down the lines of other bands who do.The sound hasn't changed over seven albums more evolved if you will getting better,I have no problem in saying "Hide From The Sun" the 2005 album was shit and the band know it thats why they took slightly longer with the follow up reffering back to albums such as Dead Letters and peep.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One last thing captain action if you want to talk about the change of music look at Aiden going from post american hardcore to emo laced pop rock in the space of two albums if you want we can discuss it drop me a line

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well...ya educating me on this blog to new music indeed...hell i've heard of the Rasmus and I have a few versions of the single ya mentioned here 'In The Shadows'...keep the articles coming, ya doing tremendously :0)

    ReplyDelete